The Zach Kothe Memorial Scholarship was established by Jim and Donna Kothe to remember the life and legacy of a great Christian young man, friend, son and brother. The purpose of the Scholarship is to honor a Briarcrest High School student that exemplifies the qualities of their son, Zach, who was tragically killed in a car accident in 2018. The student who is awarded this Scholarship must posesses the following:
- Devoted Christian
- Honest, sincere and genuine person
- Compassion for others
- Zest of life with a positive attitude
- Committed to Community Service
To qualify for this Scholarship, the Briarcrest High School student must meet the following requirements both at the time of eligibilty and the time of the grant of the Scholarship benefit.
- Currently enrolled in Briarcrest Christian School as a rising freshman, sophomore, junior or senior.
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher and must maintain satisfactory conduct.
- Must have maintained satisfactory attendance and participated in at least one extracurricular activity.
- Be a member of a Christian family with a commitment to his/her church.
- Submit a written personal statement, of no more than 500 words, outlining their school, community, and/or church involvement along with demonstrated leadership ability in friendship and community service.
The Scholarship honoree will be selected by a committee of Briarcrest Administrators.
To donate to the Zach Kothe Memorial Scholarship, click on the "Donate Now" link to the right and select "Zach Kothe Memorial Scholarship" from the list of gift designations. Please contact Lendon Ellis at email@example.com
with any questions.