The minutes from each monthly PTF meeting will be posted here so that parents who were unable to attend can stay up-to-date on PTF happenings in the elementary.
September 6, 2018
Briarcrest Elementary PTF Minutes
- PTF President, Mindy Spencer welcomed attendees.
- Headmaster, Caron Swatley, opened the meeting with a prayer. She expressed that she and school President, Mark Merrill, have an Open-Door Policy for parents with any questions or concerns.
- Mindy Spencer introduced Elementary Principal, Kim Avant. Kim Avant spoke to attendees about elementary night at the football game on September 7, 2018.
- Mindy Spencer introduced High School Principal, Eric Sullivan. Eric Sullivan spoke about the school’s mission trips to Ecuador and Jungle Kids for Christ. For more information, please visit www.JungleKidsforChrist.org. For a $2.00 donation to Jungle Kids for Christ, students may wear jeans and any team jersey to school on September 28, 2018.
- Mindy Spencer introduces Chaplain, Michelle Stancil. Michelle gave a devotion on Hope. The theme verse for this year is “But in your hearts revere Christ the LORD as holy. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect” 1 Peter 3:15. This year Michelle will focus devotions around this hope.
- Mindy Spencer introduced PTF board members to attendees. Mindy went through upcoming school events and encouraged parents to check the PTF Facebook page as well. Facebook.com/bcs.HLelmentary.ptf/
- Kim Avant introduced elementary assistant principal, Ashley Lawrence, and Early Childhood Coordinator, Karen Fineup.
- Boosterthon is coming! More information to come.
- The next PTF meeting will be October 11, 2018