UNIFORM POLICY AND DRESS CODE
At Briarcrest Christian School, it is our belief that the physical appearance of our students is an essential element in developing personal responsibility. All Briarcrest students, Preschool-Grade 12, are required to wear uniforms. School uniforms are to be worn each school day unless a special dress day has been designated. Dress code applies to all school events unless indicated otherwise by the Administration. No dress code is all-inclusive; therefore, clothing may be deemed inappropriate at the discretion of faculty and Administration. The school reserves the right to identify styles or colors of clothing as disruptive to the educational setting.
For detailed General Guidelines, please refer to the Parent Handbook or Dress Code Handbook in your student's school division:
UNIFORM DRESS FOR CHAPEL OR SPECIAL OCCASIONS
- Boys: (Middle School and High School) - Pants, Oxford Button-Down Shirts (button-down collars must be buttoned), and visible School Uniform Tie. Ties must be tied and fitted appropriately with top button of shirt fastened. Shirts should be sized to allow fastening of the top button.
- Girls: Plaid Skirt with Fitted Blouse or Oxford Button-Down Blouse (button-down collars must be buttoned) If a BCS uniform sweater/vest is worn, a BCS uniform collared shirt must be worn under it. (no t-shirts).
- Birkenstock-type by design or appearance are not allowed for chapel at any grade level. Athletic shoes are permitted for Elementary and Middle School students on chapel days. High School are not permitted to wear athletic shoes on Chapel days. The Administration reserves the right to judge the appropriateness of footwear.
- Sweatshirt Hoodies are not allowed on Chapel Day for Middle and High School students.
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Non-uniform long-sleeved shirts worn under uniform shirts.
- T-shirts/undershirts in any color EXCEPT white.
- Writing on shoes or clothing or body; visible tattoos (temporary or permanent).
- Jewelry: No earrings or body piercing on males. For females: no body piercing other than lower lobe of the ear.
- Hats/caps/scarves/bandanas or other headgear/sunglasses inside the building.
Extreme types of haircuts and/or colors are not permitted. Hair color must not deviate beyond the natural hair color range of the student. Male students’ hair must not hang below the collar, touch the eyebrows, or extend below the middle of the ear or be excessively high on top. Hair must be clean and neatly groomed. Mohawks are not permitted. Male students are not permitted to have ponytails, man buns or beads in their hair. Shaved lines, carvings or artwork cut into the hair or eyebrows are not allowed. Male students’ hair cannot be tucked behind the ears or held in place by pins, hairbands or other devices. Sideburns should not extend below the base of the earlobe.
- Facial hair (beards, mustaches, long sideburns). Male students must be clean-shaven each day.
- Clothing that is not properly sized. Form-fitting tops that reflect the imprint of undergarments are unacceptable. Pants/slacks and tops must overlap enough to avoid exposing the midriff when normal movement such as stooping, stretching, etc. occur. Boys’ shirts must be long enough to tuck in.
- Stained, dirty and/or frayed clothing/shoes with holes or patches.