Briarcrest is a religious institution providing a Christian education in an environment that upholds biblical principles. We affirm in our Doctrinal Statement that we believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, and we strive to follow its principles as the final authority in faith and life. As a function of our Mission Statement, we believe our biblical role is to point students to a deep relationship with Christ and to a life that is Christ-like.
In the sole determination of Briarcrest, when a current or prospective student or a parent, custodian or guardian of a current or prospective student is or appears to be failing to conform their actions or statements to biblical principles in an overt, ongoing or unrepentant manner, and the actions or statements have caused or could cause controversy, conflict or disruption among Briarcrest students, parents or employees, Briarcrest may decline to tour, process an application, extend an offer to enroll or continue the enrollment of any such student of any such parent, custodian or guardian. Briarcrest reserves the right to make inquiries of a student or a parent, custodian or guardian of a student regarding such matters.
Because Christian denominations interpret the Bible differently, Briarcrest reserves the sole right to determine what actions or statements are not in conformity with biblical principles, including, but not limited to, the following violations of biblical standards:
- Abortion (Genesis 9:6, Psalms 139:13-16)
- Abuse or unlawful use of drugs or alcohol (Romans 13:1-5, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- Criminal activities (Exodus 20:15, Romans 13:1-5)
- Disrespect of faculty or staff (Hebrews 13:17)
- Heterosexual, homosexual or alternate gender identity (1 Corinthians 6:18, 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5, Leviticus 20:10-14, Leviticus 18:22, Matthew 19:4-6, Romans 1:26-27, Genesis 1:27, Deuteronomy 22:5, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:9-10)
- Pornography (Psalm 119:37, Matthew 5:28, 1 John 2:16)
- Threats or acts of violence (Matthew 5:38-39, Matthew 26:52, Romans 13:1-5)