Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the Bell Schedules for the Middle School?
Daily Schedule Late Wednesday Schedule
7:45 - 8:30 1st Period 8:00 - 8:45
8:35 - 9:20 2nd Period 8:55 - 9:30 (Chapel)
9:24 - 9:57 HR/Activity Period 9:40 - 10:22 (2nd Period)
10:05 - 10:50 3rd Period 10:27 - 11:09
10:54 - 11:39 4th Period 11:14 - 11:56
11:43 - 12:28 5th Period 12:00 - 12:41
12:32 - 1:11 Lunch 12:45 - 1:18
1:16 - 2:01 6th Period 1:22 - 2:04
2:05 - 2:50 7th Period 2:08 - 2:50
2. What do I do if my child is sick and will not be at school? Just give us a call in the Middle School Office (765-4628). No e-mails or faxes, please.
3. How do I get missed assignments if my child misses school? All assignments are listed on teacher webpages. If additional information or explanation is needed, please e-mail individual teachers. Assignments are NOT gathered in the Middle School Office unless students have missed 3 consecutive days.
4. What is the correct procedure for checking my child out of school? Please report to the Middle School Office to let us know of your request. As you sign your child out, we will call for him/her to report to the office. No prior notice is necessary.
5. How do I arrange a pre-approved absence for a family vacation or similar activity? Written notification from the parent should be received in the Middle School Office one week prior to the requested absence. Upon approved from Ms Watson, proper paperwork will follow. Please read the details of pre-approved absences in the Parent Handbook or Student Agenda as specific make-up work procedures are required.
6. How do I get a message to my child during the school day? While we understand that emergencies will occur, we simply must limit classroom disruptions to a minumum. Therefore, unless an emergency, all messages will only be delivered during activity period and/or lunch. Parents should not enter the middle school hallways during school hours. Report all necessary communications to the Middlel School Office.
7. How do I add money to my child's Sodexo Account? All monies (labeled with student name and grade) should be turned in to the Middle School Office before school each morning. Monies delivered after the onset of the school day will not be recored until the following business day. Online serves are available as well. Go to www.Briarcrest.com, then go to the lunch menu page. The link to online payments will take you to the MealTime Online Webpage. You can also access MealTime directly through the internet at www.mymealtime.com.
8. What do I do if my child loses his/her ID/Debit Card? The replacement fee is $5. The old number is cancelled and a new Briarcrest Card is issued.
9. What if my student has no cash or ID Card? Students will never have to do without lunch. The student will sign a food charge ticket that indicates that Sodexo is charging the meal with a $5 Administrative Fee. Students will have three (3) days to clear the charge on the account with the MIddle School Office.
Note: When the balance on the Briarcrest Debit Card get to $25, the student will be given a reminder to add money to the account. The computer will allow the debit card to have a negative balance up to minus $25. You will be charged a $5 Administrative Fee for each meal that causes your balance to fall below zero.
10. How does the school communicate weather-related changes to parent? E-mail blasts have proven the quickest and most reliable method to communicate such changes. Please make certain to keep your e-mail addresses current.